Puns might not be the highest form of wit, but there’s something about an audacious bit of shop-name wordplay that can elicit an involuntary grin anyway. We asked our fabulous Facebook fans (you are a fan, aren’t you?) to tell us the most amusingly-named establishments in London, and boy did they deliver. Discover 12 of our readers’ favourites:
1. Sell-Fridges - Selling fridges in Stoke Newington.
2. Turn ‘em Clean - A Turnham Green dry cleaners.
3. Jolly Good Sports - Athletic supplies in Petts Wood.
4. Phillglass & Swiggot - Wine merchants in Clapham.
5. R Soles - A shoe shop on Kings Road.
6. Bits & PC’s – Computer supplies in Notting Hill.
7. That’s Shoe Business – Shoe shop on Leather Lane.
8. Jack The Clipper – Barbers in Whitechapel.
9. The Codfather – Fishmongers in Deptford (runner-up: Codfellas, Peckham, which doesn’t rhyme nearly as well; alternatively, The Fishcoteque, Waterloo).
10. Phat Phuc – Vietnamese restaurant in Chelsea.
11. Nincomsoup – Soup café near Old Street.
12. Get Stuffed – Taxidermists on Essex Road.
13. Victoria Bark – Pet grooming near Victoria Park.
Have we missed a classic? Add your groan-worthy suggestions in the comments.