It may be gloomy outside, but the lights are always bright on the London stage and with summer now nominally upon us, the Time Out theatre team have chosen their top ten shows to see this season, from fringe magic to West End blockbusters. They are…
1. Punchdrunk: The Drowned Man. Temple Studios, London St.
2. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Theatre Royal Drury Lane.
3. The Cripple of Inishmaan. Noel Coward Theatre.
4. A Season in the Congo. Young Vic.
5. West Side Story. Sadler’s Wells.
6. Lionboy. Unicorn Theatre.
7. Private Lives. Gielgud Theatre.
8. Almeida Festival. Almeida Theatre
9. The Hush. National Theatre, The Shed.
10. The Sound of Music. Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre.
Read more about each of the shows in our top 10 summer theatre shows feature.