Got a bash to sort out? Here are 30 top tips from Hire Space‘s Reuben Sagar.
Pubs and Bars
1. Dirty Martini One of London’s slickest cocktail bars.
2. Beach Blanket Babylon The place to go for lavish decadence.
3. Lost Society A south London institution (rumour has it they’re at risk of closing down – 29-year-olds should be fine, but if you’re only 28 it could be gone by the time you hit 30).
4. Shoreditch Butchery A bar in an a former butchery – so Shoreditch it hurts.
5. Birdcage Jay Z, Rihanna and the whole of east London’s favourite local.
6. Tea Party For those of you who’ve spent half your life raving, why not quieten down with a nice brew?
7. Whirled Cinema Watch your life-defining film (mine’s ‘Toy Story 2’) in your own private cinema.
8. Chelsea Day Spa As seen on ‘Made in Chelsea’ – they may be annoying, but they know how to be pampered.
9. Namco Funscape Regress to your teenage years, with bowling alleys, 10p slot machines, and bumper cars (yes, they are as good as you remember).
10. Revolution Karting Celebrate by knocking hours off your life as you race around a track in Mile End.
11. Bounce Everyone in London now seems to be a ping-pong pro, so test your friends’ talents.
12. Blackall Studios Party with art hanging all around you in this contemporary gallery.
13. The Vaults The coolest warehouse venue in London. Even Bill Clinton has had a bash here.
14. Low Profile The blank canvas venue for north Londoners.
15. Number 90 Delicious tapas with brilliant views of the Olympic stadium.
16. Rockwell House A super cool rooftop space in east London.
We’re on a boat…
17. Tamesis London’s quirkiest party boat, with no teenage sick in sight.
18. Electric Barge Avoids the worst bit of a canal boat holiday (like sleeping on the boat). Drinks, food and cruising. Lovely.
19. Greenwich Yacht Club Stay on shore and keep the sweeping view of the Thames.
20. Fabric Now out of administration, London’s favourite nightclub is open for business. So go on, rekindle your uni years.
21. Supperclub Their owner promises that every single visit will be a ‘unique experience’. Big chat. Test it!
22. Vibe Bar Private courtyard that spills out onto Brick Lane. Have a curry then a dance (I advise at least a short break between the two).
23. Looking Glass Cocktail Club Step through their secret door into your own private speakeasy.
24. BYOC Bring your own spirit, they supply the mixer and produce absolutely outstanding cocktails. Just don’t rock up with Glen’s vodka.
25. Purl The best cocktails in London. Yup, I said it.
26. Sketch Where the decor is as enticing as the food. In a good way.
27. Tuttons Vaults A Coven Garden stalwart, with atmospheric private dining rooms in its vaults.
28. ElCantara Their second-floor private dining space with private roof terrace is a Soho gem.
29. Skyloft London Forget the Shard, Skyloft has the most impressive views of London.
30. Searcys at The Gherkin For something truly mind-blowing this is your place.