[Photo: Jay Pegg]
Panic over! This week’s tube strike – a planned repeat of last week’s 48 hours of travel chaos – has been called off. The BBC reports:
LU said it had proposed two months of intensive talks with the unions, starting on Wednesday. A station-by-station review will also take place, which Tube bosses said could result in some ticket offices remaining open.
RMT general secretary Bob Crow describes it as ‘a golden opportunity to look again in detail at all of the concerns we have raised about the impact of the cuts on our members and the services that they provide to Londoners.’ They’ll need to get a lot of tea and biscuits in.
More on last week’s strike action: