There’s no argument that London’s a fast-paced city: it’s colourful, it’s noisy and it’s full of angry commuters fighting their way down escalators. Now thanks to a little thing called Hyperlapse we can capture our city going about its business at an even quicker speed.
Despite sounding like a terrifying sci-fi time travel device, Hyperlapse is, in fact, a new app, built by Instagram, which lets people create time-lapse videos (like those ’50 photos over 50 years’ YouTube clips) while moving.
Despite only launching earlier this week, there have already been some awesome films of London shot with the app and shared with the hashtag #hyperlapse on Instagram. Here are some of our favourites.
1. Commuters hurry down an escalator
2. Rush hour at Victoria Station
3. On the road to White Hart Lane
4. Shopping at Strutton Ground
5. Boat ride down The Thames
6. Wandering around the Strand
7. Train past Emirates Stadium
8. Running to catch the bus
9. Inside the Saatchi gallery
10. Musicians on the South Bank
Check out these great Instagram photos of London.