For now, here are some highlights from the review (and how we would imagine Taylor would react to them):
1. ‘“1989” is less of a reinvention, more the sound of a winning formula being ruthlessly refined.’
2. ‘Everything is lipgloss-slick, but what really makes this album pop is the songwriting.’
3. ‘Swift continues to turn her tabloid-friendly romantic entanglements into intriguing lyrics.’
4. ‘When she purrs “his hands are in my hair, his clothes are in my room” on “Wildest Dreams”, she tells us everything we need to know, economically and elegantly.’
5. ‘This is another classy and accomplished album from the smartest pop star of our times.’
Read the full review of Taylor Swift’s ‘1989’ here.